Landscaping Creation and Erosion Control Solution for Slopes
Hexagonal wire mesh could normally be used as rockfall barrier suspended on cliff, mountain, slope and therefore it could against falling rocks from hurting people on railway and highway road. To be honest, it is a rather effective slope stabilization method. Nevertheless, it could protect human's safety only on a certain degree. A more strategic method is designed and becomes quite popular – slope vegetation. With this type of measure, landscaping slopes, the imagination of gardening on a slope has realized.
Different from traditional sowing and planting methods, it consists of several more modern and accommodative new techniques, among which several of the most practical and effective techniques are hydro mousse, external soil attached before hydroseeding and thick layer of substrate spraying (thick substrate should be sprayed two times, the first spraying contains only substrate, and in the second spraying, thick substrate contains seeds). Also, there are other measures to gardening on a slope and reaches the desire of slope corrosion resistance: vegetation bag, three dimensional net, geocell.
HSV-01: Hexagonal wire mesh is laid upon the surface of coir fiber paved slope, next seeds could be sprayed upon. And then slope vegetation is finished after a period of time.
HSV-02: After construction, a landscaping slope could finally be formed.
Hydro mousse is a method of spraying mousse and other seeding onto the side slope surface, therefore it only suits for those soil sufficient and gentle slopes. For slopes that is mixed of rocks and soil, external soil should be attached firstly before spraying seeding. For a steeper mountain that contains mostly rocks, a thick layer of substrate should be sprayed, which will guarantee that the plantings thrive. It is gradually found that merely a thick layer of soil or substrate is by no means strong enough for growing plants to hang onto. A layer of hexagonal wire mesh is especially necessary for those cases.
It is recommended that 2 mm diameter wire made 110 × 80 mm hexagonal wire mesh is suitable for general slope landscape application. In the case of normal, 2 mm diameter, at least, should be guaranteed. For special rock surface slope, for example: steeper slopes that is full of rocks, two layer of chicken wire mesh is demanded.
HSV-03: Rolls of hexagonal wire mesh is protected by pallets, therefore products could arrive safely.
HSV-04: Hexagonal wire mesh with wire diameter 2 mm, mesh opening size is 110 × 80 mm.
Specification of slope vegetation used hexagonal wire mesh:
- Material: galvanized wire mostly, PVC coated also available.
- Wire diameter: 2 mm at least.
- Mesh opening size (mm): 110 × 80 (80 mm is the distance between two strands, and 110 mm line is the line in the middle of the two strands).
- Packaging method: packaged in rolls.
- Hexagonal wire mesh could be used on solid slope (with much coarse grain soil or that is uneven), solid and rock combined slope, rock slope especially.
- It is used for slopes that more than 50% external soil is needed to be attached upon, or that concrete (chunam cover) should be attached upon.
- It is used for slopes at a incline between 45° to 70°.
- It is used for slopes with a expectation that vegetation cover rate should be of more than 60%.
- It is also used for the case of retaining wall construction.
- It is used for cases of lattice girder combined with seed-nutrient and soil bags (hexagonal wire mesh should be applied upon the girder and bags).
- It is used for cases of artificial stone made mainly by reinforced concrete.
- Two layers of hexagonal wire mesh are indispensable for the technique of thick layer of substrate and seeds sprayed.
HSV-05: Hexagonal wire mesh netting is laid upon a coir fiber fixed mountain slope.
HSV-06: Hydroseeding: seeds, together with water, nutrient and others necessary are directly sprayed upon the hexagonal wire mesh that is attached mountain.
HSV-07: Under construction: Hexagonal wire mesh netting needed to be fixed by nails and anchors.
HSV-08: After construction: Seeds have germinated through hexagonal wire mesh netting and achieved slope vegetation effect.
HSV-09: Before the construction: a bare semicircle shaped slope.
HSV-10: After construction: vegetated semicircle shaped slope.
HSV-11: Before construction: a bare cliff beneath the building.
HSV-12: After construction: a vegetated cliff that has decorations on it.
HSV-13: Three months after slope greening: a thin layer of grass is shaped.
HSV-14: One year after slope greening: trees have grown up, grass thrived well under care.
- Provides supporting reinforcement for external soil, thick substrate, concrete.
- Demonstrates superior performance in maintaining slope stability for its sturdy but flexible structure and light weight.
- Establishes climbing points for planting root, therefore guarantee a larger or full vegetation cover on slopes.
- Especially compatible for rough surface like slope full of rock and concrete.
Here is the ultimate general instruction to physically attractive, environmentally friendly measures of protecting slopes from erosion and rockfall.
- Project site clearance: involves clear waste and loose rocks away; trim the rocks of corners; earth fill in hollows areas. To guarantee the convex-concave degree of the surface should be kept between 10-15 cm. The installation of prestressed anchor cable and drainage system.
- Hexagonal wire mesh netting laying:
- Pave the netting from top pf the mountain to below until to the whole surface of the slope: 0.8–1 m long netting should be extended out from the top of the mountain, 30 cm from the bottom, 20 cm from the two sides of the mountain.
- Combine two horizontally parallel rolls of hexagonal wire mesh netting with steel wire, the vertical overlapping should be 20 cm. Combine upper level hexagonal wire mesh by one steel wire, lower level of wire mesh by another steel wire, two steel wires should not be in the same vertical line, the horizontal overlapping between two level of wire mesh should be more than 30 cm.
- At last, the netting should cling tightly to the slope surface, without draped or inpending areas.
- External-soil or thick substrate spraying (this step could be saved depends on situation): spray external soil or thick substrate onto the netting that is attached upon the slope surface, the thickness should be determined by slope surface condition and the planting that you want to plant.
- Hydro mousse: spray mousse, seeds onto the soil or substrate surface.
- Covered with non-woven fabrics: to protect soil and seeds from sunlight and preserve moisture.
- Maintenance and management: water, fertilize, defaunate, etc.