How the Gabion is Installed
Picture 1: Galvanized metal ring.
- Stagger arrangement the gabion, avoid appear perforation slit in portrait.
- Erect the four sides of gabion, tie neighboring sides with binding wire or metal ring. Picture 1 is galvanized metal ring schematic diagram.
- Using binding wire that length is 1 m, first bind in one head, then through the mesh every 10 cm, conducting alternately twine of one loop and two loops for two neighboring sides. To ensure close combine of two panels, exertion and take-up when you are twining. Picture 2 (a) is schematic diagram.
- When you use metal ring, maximum distance is 20 cm between two metal rings. Picture 2 (b) is schematic diagram.
- Method of attaching septa and mesh body is the same as above-mentioned.
- When install gabion above the finished underlying gabion, you should bind beneath frame of new gabion and top part of finished gabion. The same level neighboring gabion also should tie tightly using binding wire, making gabions integrated.
- When construction in the same level of one unit, you can begin filling pebbles or rocks after all gabions are finished. When filling, you should in turn, uniform, batch cast pebbles to gabions, prohibit filling one gabion in one time.
When filling gabion artificial, you should control the thickness of each batch is less than 35 cm.
When filling gabion using mechanical, you should control that the gabion high 1 m finish filling in four times uniformly.
After each batch cast rocks, cram the space using small rocks, tamp rocks using wooden club or Iron bars to ensure compact the filler.
In order to prevent the gabion deform suffering pressure and appear a "bulge" phenomenon, you need to set up an internal reinforcement in the gabion. Picture 3 is schematic diagram of installing internal reinforcement.
- Before Installing gabions, you should trim the slope or ground, retain the original shape of slope or ground, but do not have apparent upheave or sunken.
- The filling pebbles choose from riverside, its resistant to pressure strength should meet design requirement, diameter of pebbles is 8 cm to 20 cm, also require reasonable collocation to reach the space degree of design requirement and ensure the gabion's straight line appearance.
- When fill gabion, outer appearance should use the pebbles which diameter over 10 cm, and place smooth artificial to gain beautiful surface and prevent water take away pebbles from holes. You should fill pebbles over 2.5 cm to 3 cm, leaving room for settlement.
- Cover the apical plate after filling the gabion full, then spirally bind the overlap edge wire using binding wire, the distance of spiral is less than 50 cm, binding method is the same as picture 2 (a).
- Tile 10 cm to 15 cm humus on the finished gabions in order to grow plants.
Inquiry for Our Product
Taile Industrial Limited
When you contact us, please provide your detail requirements.
That will help us give you a valid quotation.