Triangle Brackets Supported Green Hexagonal Terramesh
GHT-01: Hexagonal wire mesh, welded wire mesh, interlayer material, strut and other components together make this green hexagonal terramesh.
Green hexagonal terramesh is a transformative gabion basket. It has the same function as gabion basket and green gabion basket. It could be used for erosion control and vegetation for steep slopes besides road, residential areas and for rivers and streambanks and so on. That's because it could provide the same supporting force for soil and rocks, establish the same conditions for plant when it is used on slopes. It could slow the water speed and trap sediment when it is used near the river banks.
As an environmentally friendly modular system used to create vegetated faced soil reinforced slopes, green hexagonal terramesh has a more simpler structure. It consists of
- hexagonal wire mesh;
- coconut fiber blanket or hexagonal wire mesh;
- welded mesh panel;
- interlayering material;
- triangle bracket; and
- pre-formed steel strut.
The reinforced hexagonal wire mesh is pre-fabricated units of double twisted wire mesh with reinforced galvanized wires. The angled face and the erosion control blanket are designed to facilitate the establishment of the natural vegetation units. Welded wire mesh is used to stiffen the strength of the angled face. The triangle bracket and pre-formed steel strut are used to support the integral stability of this system. Steel wires used here is heavily galvanized steel wire or PVC coated wire mesh. The angle formed between the base panel and face panel could be 45° to 60°. All of these design makes the product a well-performed products for plants to grow and establish its roots system quickly and steadily.
Specification of green hexagonal terramesh:
- Material: heavily galvanized hexagonal wire or PVC coated wire mesh.
- Wire diameter (light type) (mm): 2.2 for inter diameter, 3.2 for external diameter after PVC coating.
- Wire diameter (heavy type) (mm): 2.7 for inter diameter, 3.7 for external diameter after PVC coating.
- Selvage wire diameter (mm):
- 2.7 for inter diameter, 3.7 for external diameter after PVC coating; or
- 3.4 for inter diameter, 4.4 for external diameter after PVC coating.
- Mesh opening size: 8 × 10 cm.
- Additional sizes may be available upon request.
GHT-02: Component material, length, width, height and gradient are all necessary when ordering.
|Length (m)||Width (m)||Heigth (m) / (slope angle)|
|Green hexagonal mesh||Green hexagonal mesh (light type)||3||0.76 / (70°)
0.73 / (65°)
0.70 / (60°)
0.58 / (45°)
GHT-03: Step 1: Fastening and combining green hexagonal terramesh.
GHT-04: Step 2: Layering green terramesh onto the ground, and fastening it.
GHT-05: Step 3: Filling soil behind the green terramesh.
GHT-06: Step 4: soil-compaction.
GHT-07: Step 5: Place the upper layer green hexagonal terramesh onto the lower one.
GHT-08: Step 6: Several levels of green terramesh is placed one upon another.
GHT-09: Step 7: Bioengineering technique – hydroseeding.
GHT-10: Step 8: Watering and maintaining, waiting for vegetated mountain.
GHT-11: Spraying seeding uniformly by spray gun is significantly important.
GHT-12: Moss and little grass have germinated from the coconut fiber blanket sandwiched green hexagonal terramesh.
GHT-13: Apply green hexagonal terramesh onto a small gradient terrain slope.
GHT-14: The small terrain slope has bearing the plantings all over its surface.
GHT-15: Apply hexagonal terramesh onto the circum of pond, but without using vegetation technique.
GHT-16: Apply green hexagonal terramesh onto the slope besides a river, plants have come into being.
GHT-17: Erecting green terramesh on the slope around residential area.
GHT-18: Build an artificial slope on the front to a culvert.
- The unit is simply erected on site, the bracing angles support the face at the designated angle without the need for any external formwork or shuttering.
- For it is simple in structure therefore even non-experienced labours are able to settle it rapidly.
- Compared with gabion basket and trapezoidal gabion basket, it is material-saving, therefore it is cost-saving.
- The quality green hexagonal terramesh and accessories we provide are durable even in hard environments.
Products suitable for green hexagonal terramesh unit:
The coconut fiber blanket could be other bio-degradable or synthetic blanket as long as it is ventilate for plants and fine enough to prevent soil loss. Therefore, our company provides your several kinds of blanket as following. Nylon netting, plastic mesh, fiberglass mesh and other woven mesh are all suitable. But it should be chose according to the situation to apply: earth or water situation. Geotextile and geogrid could be used as soil and rock reinforcement product to substitute the green hexagonal mesh base.
GHT-19: Material between the welded wire mesh and hexagonal wire mesh is coconut fiber blanket.
GHT-20: Sandwich material could be white nylon netting.
GHT-21: Three dimentional wire mesh is used as interlaying material.
GHT-22: Black nylon netting is used as interlayering material.
GHT-23: Hexagonal wire mesh is used as soil reinforcement material.
GHT-24: Geogrid is used as soil reinforcement material.
Adaptive bioengineering techniques includes hydroseeding (for coconut fiber basket), live staking (for geotextile interlayering material).
GHT-25: Directly spraying seeding onto the green hexagonal terramesh.
GHT-26: Cuttage – make holes so that little branches could get through from the fiber blanket.
Put the green hexagonal mesh on a hard and flat surface and extend it, walking along the folds so that they could be removed. Layering the green hexagonal mesh on the level, support the front face to the designed angle. Place the structural backfill (triangle bracket and pre-formed steel strut) upon the soil reinforcement hexagonal wire mesh panel or geogrid. And qualify soil should be immediately filled into behind the front face. To press the soil as compressed as possible by machine. Joint a upper layer green hexagonal terramesh upon the lower one along the top horizontal line after this lower layer has been securely mounted.
- Green hexagonal gabion is folded, and then bundled by iron wire and then compress the goods into the container so makes sure that they are fastened tightly and won't get lost.
- Lacing wire used to joint side panels is supplied in coils.
- Ring fasteners used to fasten hexagonal wire mesh panels are packed in boxes.